Monday, September 14, 2009

brave old world

We have been having computer troubles. In fact for the last week or so we have been computerless and it drove us nuts. We threw away the cumbersome old paper phonebook thinking "Who would ever need this hideous old thing, we can just google numbers" As a result on Saturday I had to ring Mum and get her to find the number for directory enquiries in her paper phone book, which she just couldn't locate! Anyway I've entered the brave old world and now own my own tiny, little computer. It's a bit like owning your first car (something I have not experienced) Now I have to actually take the responsibility of learning about how to care for this mysterious machine, to keep it running smoothly. As with the car I can visualize this machine becoming an integral part of my artistic practice. I hope it doesn't take me as long to learn how to use it - driving took about 20 years.
http://www.trulinesteering.com.au/Images/Gallery/56_FJ_UTE.jpg

No comments: