Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Contemporary cermicist loose in Sydney....



The Magnolia Project is now open at Salmon Galleries. It is so great to see your work in a beautiful gallery rather than the dingy old studio. Judith made a lovely and insightful speech and said that my work embodies a calmness and gentleness that people are attracted to as this is what most people strive for in themselves. Well... me too!



I guess what I'm searching for in ceramics is a little resting spot in this busy rushing world. A spot where you can take a breathe and consider the lilies and smell the metaphorical flowers. It is an interesting experience having others comment on your work, it makes you see it anew.



It was my birthday on Saturday and I spent the weekend with my fabulous brother and his partner. After the opening we had this...




and these ....




and these!




at the Malaya.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What beautiful moments in a special year for you!

"A quiet place to rest".... I really like that description for your work.