Sunday, April 01, 2007

Happy April


Happy April. To celebrate the coming of winter (finally!) in sunny Queensland next week is officially declared Lepidoptera, week. For those among you who are not Latin scholars or naturalists this means......
Butterfly Week

In honor of this, I post the profound words of Dolly Parton...
Love is like a butterfly
As soft and gentle as a sigh
The multicolored moods of love are like its satin wings
Love makes your heart feel strange inside
It flutters like soft wings in flight
Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing

I feel it when you're with me
It happens when you kiss me
That rare and gentle feeling that I feel inside
Your touch is soft and gentle
Your kiss is warm and tender
Whenever I am with you I think of butterflies

In appreciation of my dear friend Rebecca the Wrecker I have to add that Nana Mouskouri does a lovely version of this song also.

Feel free to e-mail suggestions , images and Lepidoptera, related things.

1 comment:

Rebecca-the-Wrecker said...

hoorah for winter and butterfly week!