Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pots on the left of me, cheese on the right.....

"No matter what it's size the Vaishnava kitchen is divided into two areas: one for preparation and cooking and another for storage of staples...... A cook bathes and puts on clean clothes before entering the kitchen, then sits comfortably on a low stool and uses the floor as a countertop space....Cooks develop a sixth sense for their ingredients ,and, without assistance from recipes or measuring tools, they prepare sumptuous meals..."
from pp.xii "The Art of Indian Vegetarian Cooking" by Yamuna Devi

It is always interesting to see how other crafts arrange their working spaces.
Yamuna Devi's kitchen sounds like a good description of a beautiful clean, calm studio (apart from the clothes!)

But look....

AAAAAAARGH! Today my studio is being pulled apart in preparation to being rebuilt.

I have moved temporarily into the kiln shed.


We are rebuilding the studio because Trevor Hart husband, jazz cat is now becoming a CHEESEMAKER! (I am so happy that Trevor's personal fullfilment is leading him to become an expert in my favourite food) Half my previous studio will now be a cheeserie producing buffalo mozarella and yoghurt, chevre and goats camembert amongst other things.

1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

I hate destruction/construction having gone through it for the last 4 years, never again - or so I say now. Good luck with it all.