Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Object Eye


This photo is of the latest work I sent to Lille- a shop in Chicago. it is really hard to get good photos of ceramics and this image is just about perfect in my books. I've found that for a photographer to get a good photo of ceramics that captures the personality of the object not just the physical fact of it that have to have "The Object Eye".

Weirdly "The Object Eye" looks at a vessel subjectively, bringing out the intrinsic features of the materials and capturing an elusive something that might make someone long to actually touch, caress or fondle the object.

5 comments:

shula said...

Very, very beautiful.

Florence Forrest said...

that is a great shot! got anymore? send them to me or put this one up on the Umbrella Collective blog asap...there's a good girl ;)

thanks for driving my home the other night too.

xx

Florence Forrest said...

woops, I can now see you have already. Great!!

xx

REGRUB said...

i am that photographer. much thanks for the compliments!!!
www.strongholdphoto.com

Mary Anne Davis said...

These are lovely....